Resources for Managing Volunteers
The below resources have been developed by Gladstone Region Volunteering in conjunction with Volunteering Australia.
- Background Checks & Volunteers (132KB PDF)
- Definition & Principals of Volunteering (46KB PDF)
- Model Code of Practice for Organisations Involving Volunteer Staff (47KB PDF)
- Recognising Volunteers (48KB PDF)
- Universal Declaration on Volunteering (90KB PDF)
- Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance (45KB PDF)
- Volunteer Rights & Volunteer Checklist (47KB PDF)
Volunteering Australia, the peak body for Volunteering in Australia provides many useful publications and information sheets on their website. Gladstone Region Volunteering encourages Management Committees, Managers of Volunteers and Volunteers to make use of the information below provided courtesy of Volunteering Australia.
Volunteering Australia - www.volunteeringaustralia.org
Volunteer Resource Kit - www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/sites/SWA/Legislation/volunteers/Pages/Information-Organisations.aspx
QCOSS Community Door - www.communitydoor.org.au/volunteers